Monday, April 09, 2007


work was busy busy busy and i love how busy it is because by the time i look at the clock, the day is almost over. all the paychecks are finally sealed and ready to be distributed tomorrow. and perhaps maybe i never really explained my job to anybody, but i handle payroll and accounts payable at my workplace. a little of HR and misc here and there. its the starbucks coffee, pictures and PAYCHECKS!.. of course there's the passion for my job as well which i dont know what picture may fit that. =P

i run payroll twice a month and believe me that would take up most of my days in a week. what i do is print and manage the timesheets. i distribute the timesheets to the directors to check and make sure the staffs clock in and out correctly or fill out missing punches. about 2-3 days, depending on the directors' schedules, they will hand me the corrected time sheets including sick leaves, tax changes, time adjustments, vacation request, evaluations or information update. i will take a day or two to add all the additional information to kronos timekeeper and change/ update details as received. after properly reviewing everything, i let my administrator check and approve the final timesheets and after that, i run payroll. printing the checks and reports accordingly. after everything is done, thats when the paychecks are being released. then i head back to remit the 401 (k) and credit union contributions.

once payroll's all done for the pay period, i would work on accounts payable. entering all the invoices and making sure its entered into the correct chartered accounts and then do another check run for bills the company have to pay. so technically payroll and AP are both run twice each a month. on certain months, i have to prepare some reports or taxes to be done. like the DE6 every quarter of the year, form 941 and etc. besides these two, i'll help tom with some reports and maintain some HR stuffs for the staffs.

its really not that complicated once you get the swing of it. ok before i bore myself with work again, i'll talk about something else.

i was driving home earlier, i think someone tried to abandon their dog, and that poor dog is chasing after the car as it drives off. that is so cruel and heartless. dogs have feelings too. i know for sure i will never abandon hunter or tiffany like that. they are my pride and joy. despite all the chewing, barking and taking up all the space in bed, i love them to bits and pieces. i will never leave them. watching someone ill treat their pets makes me sad and i cannot imagine doing such cruel things to my pets. the apartment across me leaves his dog out on the patio with a chain strapped on his neck. that gives the dog limited space to move around. what makes it worst is that it is so freaking hot and that poor puppy have to endure that. owners like that should never never ever have pets to begin with. if you cant love them, then dont have them.

***

guess what i found in my old pictures archieve...?? old pics like duuuhhh!! i'll post some pictures which brought back fond memories of people i shared part of my life in malaysia. =)



my cousin tracy, has always been the greatest friend i can only dream off, and what more, she's my cousin. i get to see her almost everyday back then and oohh having her around during boring family dinners and all is definitely fun and something to look forward to. she has all the funny facial expressions which makes you laugh and laugh. and i remember playing mahjong with her for hours... and once it gets to a certain time, i think 1:30am, she'll go crazy and do all sorts of funny stuffs.




manDa @ 4/09/2007 05:39:00 PM

Comments: Post a Comment

all about me

i'm 24, living in Rancho Santa Margarita, California. I have a loving family and a wonderful fiance. I have 3 pets, Hunter, Tiffany & Bug. I'm working full time as a Assistant Controller. I love spending time cuddling with Mike, going to new places.



manDa's currently feeling
The current mood of babymandaa at www.imood.com

archieves

March 2007April 2007June 2007August 2007November 2007December 2007June 2008

my regular linkages

*Wedding Blog*
Tiffany
Cousin TC
Becky
Cousin Fer
David
XX
Jane
My Love, Mike
Daph

my scribbles

This video is from one of my favorite movie of all time "Love Actually" Enjoy!

wish list

credits

Thank you mommy & daddy for the support and love you've given me. Zach, for the times you stood there listening to everything that I had to say.. and last of all, my baby mike.. I LOVE YOU & I LOVE YOU. Thank you for making my world filled with love and colors =)

Powered by eSnips.com

my guest book

[ *sign it* ]

Somewhere Over the Rainbow is one a personal favorite of Mike & I =)