Sunday, June 17, 2007

Its been such a long time since I ever update this post. Too much has been happening for the past few months. First of all, my dad got a new job at Temecula and got a studio apartment there for the time being. Mike, my family and I are still in discussion if we want to get a house together to save some cash. In that way, we wouldn’t have to shell out extra money for rent and misc. school and work kept me occupied and busy. Besides that, I have been sitting down evaluating what I want in the future and all.. My life plan.

My Human Resources Management classes are ending in 2 weeks and I’m freaking excited over it. After thoughtful wishes and thinking, I’ve decided to further my studies at Cal. State Fullerton instead of Long Beach. I’m giving myself 4 years to do whatever I want for school, career and freedom before I settle down to build a family. By that time, I’d probably be around 27-28 to conceive my first child; that would be perfect!

I know my smoking habit is not something I’m proud of, I’m also giving myself 2 years to quit. If I want a brighter future, healthy babies, I need to quit this bad habit. It is definitely a good thing, I was never really fond of alcohols so that helps. Life is short and I know anything can happen in a blink of an eye. I have procrastinate too much in the past. Giving reasons on the things I do. I’ve wasted too much time. I’m also not young anymore. I’ve said a lot of things that I want and all but never really got them done and through with. I’ve come to realize all the choices I’ve made in the past are not necessarily right. I’m lucky that I took a U-turn in life and decide to make a difference.

Its been a long road but I know I can still do it if I really wanted to. People who are by my side probably have given up on me. But I know, Mike, Zach and my parents never once did. Maybe my dad. He seems to shrug off a lot of my dreams which discourages me. He put it in ways which makes me feel that I’ve let him down so much and all he can do is hope that whatever “bullshit” that I said is going to be put into plan. But right now, I can only thank my brother for the constant encouragement and believe in me. Support is all I need for me to go through this. I have once given up on myself and blamed the whole world for who I have become.. Hehe NOT ANYMORE!.. Wtf, I am AMANDA TAN and the TANs’ can do whatever they want!

On the other hand, its summer and its getting hotter by the day. Last summer, I never once went to the beach because of work schedule. This year, that’s not going to happen.. Mike and I will try to spend some weekends lazing around the beach since we live less than 5 minutes from the ocean. My dream was to someday own a beachfront house. Not necessarily the biggest or the most expensive but enough for big enough for a family. Maybe 2 max 3 bedroom house. A nice one, you can probably get it for $500,000.00 or more. One day, that’s going to come true.
Mike’s starting his new job at Blizzard next Monday. For you who don’t know what Blizzard is, it’s the company which created star craft, Diablo and World of Warcraft. He will be working in the Billing Department. I’m so excited for him. He is finally got a job he wanted. I mean, for a person who has such passion for gaming, getting a job a Blizzard would be every gamer’s dream come true. I mean, one of the requirement for jobs at Blizzard was “passion for gaming preferred” hehehe That’s so funny! A person like me who never play video games would definitely denied access there!

Besides that, my little Tiffany chewed on my glasses. Frames and lenses. Seriously, I didn’t know what to when I saw those badly chewed glasses. I can only blame myself for leaving it around. So this morning, I found out that she chewed the last pair I had, Mike took me to Fashion Island’s Len’s Crafter to get a new pair. Eye exam was way overdue. I spent about 30 minutes checking on my eyes. I didn’t really want to wear contacts since I only need glasses when I drive and watching movies/TV. Mike was making fun of me while I chose my frames. Prada, D&G, Chanel, Gucci. Seriously, its not brand conscious but that’s basically all they have. But I did have a tough choice between Chanel and D&G but finally decided on D&G. Frames were about $200 to $400.. Cartier were about $1500 which I think is way to much for frames. Also, I got my Gucci sunglasses to prescription ones. It’s super awesome. It took about an hour before I can collect them which I think is fast since in Malaysia it always took about 2-3 days I think.

Oh, we watched Hostel 2 yesterday and it wasn’t as sadistic as the first but it was still awesome. Mike hates gruesome movies but I love them too much. I promise to watch Transformers with him this coming July 4th . Its not really my kind of movie to watch but apparently its going to be a huge production. We parked way too far for my feet to walk but while walking I realize how lucky that Mike is finally here with me. I don’t have to watch a movie then head on to the airport to catch my flight back to California. I don’t have to only be able to spend max 4 nights, 5 days then wait for a month before he comes over for a few nights. Now’s here with me day and night. J Also, I’ve been brushing on my Cantonese by TVB series. I cant neglect my Chinese heritage, right? If I want some Chinese programs on my TV, its going to be an additional $40 bucks for few extra Chinese channels. Maybe someday?

I spoke to daph yesterday and believe me, its been fun to catch up with her. I’m so happy to hear how successful she has become. Talking to her always revive old memories. I can’t believe its already June. Time flew by real fast. Too fast.

Today’s father’s day, hope everybody have a great time with their fathers J

manDa @ 6/17/2007 12:09:00 PM

Comments:
about the Tan's can do anything. I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU! haHAHAHHA!
 
Post a Comment

all about me

i'm 24, living in Rancho Santa Margarita, California. I have a loving family and a wonderful fiance. I have 3 pets, Hunter, Tiffany & Bug. I'm working full time as a Assistant Controller. I love spending time cuddling with Mike, going to new places.



manDa's currently feeling
The current mood of babymandaa at www.imood.com

archieves

March 2007April 2007June 2007August 2007November 2007December 2007June 2008

my regular linkages

*Wedding Blog*
Tiffany
Cousin TC
Becky
Cousin Fer
David
XX
Jane
My Love, Mike
Daph

my scribbles

This video is from one of my favorite movie of all time "Love Actually" Enjoy!

wish list

credits

Thank you mommy & daddy for the support and love you've given me. Zach, for the times you stood there listening to everything that I had to say.. and last of all, my baby mike.. I LOVE YOU & I LOVE YOU. Thank you for making my world filled with love and colors =)

Powered by eSnips.com

my guest book

[ *sign it* ]

Somewhere Over the Rainbow is one a personal favorite of Mike & I =)